Welcome to the New York Headache Center
The New York Headache Center is a headache clinic dedicated to relieving the pain and suffering endured by victims of chronic headaches, and to improving the quality of their lives. When you see a headache doctor who is a member of our staff you will receive compassionate care employing a range of traditional and proven alternative therapies. Many of these complementary therapies and Botox injections help our patients achieve and maintain relief without the need for conventional medications.
Though all people share the same basic physical make-up, each person is unique. Your lifestyle, the foods you eat, your genetic heritage, even your profession and where you live can influence the reasons you may be having chronic headaches. The triggers that set off headaches are as unique as the people experiencing them. That’s why no single treatment is right for every person.
That’s also why our patients are our partners in determining what causes their headaches, and the best treatment or even combination of treatments that will achieve relief. If you are suffering from chronic headaches, if you have already tried treatments that have not worked, or if your present treatment is not helping, by all means call for an appointment. Some of the most common conditions we treat at the Center include migraine, menstrual migraine , chronic daily headaches , cluster headaches , medication overuse headaches , hemicrania continua and trigeminal neuralgia .
The headache clinic is led by myself, a board-certified neurologist and a headache doctor with extensive experience in headaches and pain relief. Our staff of other headache doctors and a nurse practitioner is among the best in the field, and we utilize medications , nutritional supplements , nerve blocks , BOTOX , acupuncture and other modalities. Fifteen years ago I was one of the first headache specialists to start using Botox for the treatment of headaches. Since then I have treated thousands of patients and have trained over 200 doctors from the United States and around the world in the use of Botox for migraine and other headaches. We accept many insurance plans to make our services as accessible as possible. To protect and better serve our patients we utilize e-prescriptions and electronic medical records.
Alexander Mauskop, MD
Professor of Clinical Neurology, SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology and American Headache Society
The medical staff at the New York Headache Center, in keeping with the ethical principles established by the American Academy of Pain Medicine, pledges to make every effort to:
- Provide compassionate care to relieve pain and suffering, and improve the quality of your life through the use of the best available, current, and proven knowledge and skills in the field of Pain Medicine
- Refer you to other appropriate resources if we cannot provide the care you need
- Provide palliative care and relief of suffering to those of you with progressive diseases.
- Involve you, your family or any other person you may chose to be involved in the development and periodic review of your diagnosis, treatment plans, and goals we set, whenever possible and to the extent requested.
- Recommend the best treatment indicated for your medical condition
- Offer available experimental studies to you if you qualify for the study. However, if you decline to participate, such a decision will in no way affect our professional relationship and the best possible care for your problem.